WARTAINDONESIA Ver EN – Kuwait is shrouded in mourning with the passing of the Amir of Kuwait, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber , last Saturday. He peacefully departed at the age of 86 after leading the country for more than 3 years. The official announcement came from the Amir Diwan through a statement released to the people of Kuwait and the international community.
“With deep sorrow, we express our condolences to the people of Kuwait, the Arab and Islamic nations, and the friendly nations of the world on the passing, may Allah have mercy on him, of His Highness Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Amir of the State of Kuwait, who returned to the mercy of Allah on this Saturday,” reads the official statement from the Amir Diwan.
Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, now remembered as the departed Amir, leaves behind a substantial legacy in his service to the nation. Here are some key points from his life journey and political career:
- Sheikh Nawaf Al-Sabah officially assumed governance as the Amir of the State of Kuwait on September 29, 2020. At that moment, he pledged to uphold the “dignity of Kuwait and protect its security and stability,” a constitutional promise that formed the foundation of his leadership.
- Prior to becoming Amir, Sheikh Nawaf served as Crown Prince since February 20, 2006, signifying his crucial role in the succession line of power in Kuwait.
- On October 16, 2003, Sheikh Nawaf took on the position of the First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, showcasing his contributions in managing government affairs and internal security.
- His dedication to the nation is further evident in his role as the First Deputy President of the National Guard on October 16, 1994, a position that demanded significant responsibility for national security.
- Earlier, on April 2, 1991, Sheikh Nawaf was entrusted with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor, highlighting his interest in social issues and community welfare.
- In the realm of defense, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Sabah held the position of Minister of Defense since January 26, 1988, demonstrating his strong commitment to the country’s security and defense.
- Sheikh Nawaf’s extensive political journey in Kuwait began on March 19, 1978, when he was appointed as the Minister of Interior, overseeing domestic affairs and government administration.
- Before entering the cabinet, Sheikh Nawaf previously served as the Governor of Hawalli on February 12, 1962, showcasing his experience in managing specific regions from the early stages of his career.
- Born on June 25, 1937, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah is the sixth son of the tenth ruler of Kuwait. He grew up in a royal family environment steeped in tradition and responsibility.
The passing of Sheikh Nawaf leaves a void in Kuwaiti leadership. The people of Kuwait and the international community mourn the loss of a leader who made significant contributions to the country’s development and security. The funeral of Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah marks a historic moment, concluding one era and opening a new chapter in Kuwait’s history.
- Merah Putih 2 Satellite: Indonesia’s New Gateway to Connect the Underserved - February 21, 2024
- The Mythology Behind the “Ritual Syukuran Tatak Galang” of Yogyakarta’s Javanese Tribe - February 17, 2024
- Happy 9th Birthday, Warta Indonesia! Here’s to Many More Years of Success! - February 15, 2024