WARTAINDONESIA EN – Cold water in health benefits is indeed refreshing, like an oasis in the scorching sun. Its coolness can quench thirst and invigorate you in an instant. However, did you know that behind its freshness, cold water hides unexpected dangers? Yes, in some conditions, cold water can actually become a hidden enemy of your health.
When Cold Water Turns into a Threat
1. Attack on a Sore Throat
When you have a sore throat or cough, cold water is a double-edged sword. The coldness does provide a temporary pain-relieving sensation, but the effect is only temporary. On the other hand, cold water can actually worsen inflammation and increase mucus production, prolonging your recovery time. Instead, opt for warm water or soothing herbal tea to help relieve symptoms and speed up healing.
2. Enemy for Sensitive Teeth
For those of you with sensitive teeth, cold water is a nightmare. A sharp and uncomfortable tingling sensation will immediately attack when cold water touches the teeth. This sensation can disrupt your activities and lower your mood. Instead, choose warm water that is more gentle on sensitive teeth. If the pain is severe, gargle with salt water to relieve the tingling sensation and help reduce inflammation.
3. Triggering Chaos in the Stomach
When your stomach is feeling bloated or nauseous, drinking cold water can make things worse. The coldness of the water slows down the digestion process, prolongs the discomfort, and makes the stomach feel even more bloated. Instead, choose warm water or herbal tea that helps to smooth digestion and relieve symptoms.
4. Aggravating Diarrhea
When diarrhea strikes, your body loses a lot of fluids and electrolytes. Drinking cold water, instead of helping, can actually worsen diarrhea by speeding up bowel movements. This can lead to dehydration and worsen your condition. Choose warm water or oralit to help rehydrate, replace lost electrolytes, and relieve diarrhea.
5. Hinder Recovery During Fever
When you have a fever, your body is fighting off infection and raising its temperature to fight it. Drinking cold water can hinder this recovery process by making your body feel colder. Instead, choose warm water or herbal tea that helps to lower body temperature, boost immunity, and speed up recovery.
Tips for Enjoying Water Safely:
- Pay Attention to Temperature: Adjust the water temperature to your body’s condition. In hot weather, it’s okay to drink cold water, but avoid it if it’s too cold. In cold weather or when you’re sick, choose warm water.
- The Right Amount: Drink water in moderation, according to your body’s needs. Do not drink too much in a short period of time, as this can lead to water intoxication.
- Listen to Your Body: If you feel uncomfortable after drinking cold water, stop and choose warm water.
Cold water in Health benefits is indeed refreshing, but don’t just guzzle it! Pay attention to your body’s condition and choose the right water temperature. By following the tips above, you can enjoy the benefits of water without worrying about the negative effects. Remember, drink wisely to keep your body healthy and free from various diseases.
- YouTube Kids to Shut Down on Smart TVs in July 2024, Move to Child Profiles in Main YouTube App - March 2, 2024
- Top News China-Russia Strategic Partnership: A Challenge to Western Dominance in the Asia Pacific - February 29, 2024
- Prabowo Subianto Receives BAST Alpalhankam: New Commitment as Honorary General of the Indonesian National Armed Forces - February 28, 2024